Help Please - Building computer

Take the mobo out of the case and put it on either a wooden or cardboard surface and try starting it. You will have to jump the leads for the power switch.

Also, strip it down to the lowest factor and only have the CPU in it. If it spins up then kill it and add the RAM. Continue until you find the culprit. it may just be grounding out tot he case, though.

Not very tight, i could still screw them in about 4 or 5 more turns, i just got them tight enough to keep everything there firm. not too tight.

Oh it has the new mount system right? Needs to be all the way down. Too many H series variants out there.

Also, make sure the pump is plugged in.

I tightened it and the pump is plugged in the slot on the motherboard that says CPU fan, thats the only slot close enough to plug it in.
It still just shuts off after a few seconds =/

Can you feel the pump working if you put your finger on the surface of the block? Will feel like a small constant vibration.

Do you have the 8pin power plugged in?

Can you feel the pump working if you put your finger on the surface of the block? Will feel like a small constant vibration.

Do you have the 8pin power plugged in?

I still say its the 200mm mguire, I've had similiar issues in the past like his.
Mine was too many fans and whatever trying to be powered up.
Yes he has 750 watts power and a good psu at that but I think the addition of his new card with the rest of the system is shorting out. :|
Shendor, unplug the 200mm for a sec and boot on your machine.
If it fully powers on consider it to be a power issue and decide which other case fans would be suitable to cool off everything.
Also like pp stated if you don't feel it pumping and it comes on and off mobomaybe cutting out to prevent a over heat issue on the cpu.

Those 200mm fans take less than a watt, and he only has one plugged in along with the fan. If that's too much along with a 570 and quad for a 150 dollar PSU I'd be sending it back.

Unfortunately for him, I don't think it's that simple. PC outside with only minimal plugged in, reseated H60 several times with new paste and still doing it.

OP you may have a bad motherboard if you absolutely have everything set properly, the pump works, and all cables properly plugged in. The AX is a fully modular unit, make sure you're not hooking the wrong 8 pin up to the motherboard.

At this point I've tried everything. I am fairly certain there is a short somewhere on the motherboard, I've switched out to another power supply and i get the same problem. Anyone want to recommend me a new motherboard? :)

Back
Top Bottom