Noctua fan fans.

I just might invest in a few of those to replace the Masscool Ones I got for free. Lol. My Vocational teacher was going to throw out a box of 30 Masscool Fans (all brand new in box). I had stock fans in my case and they were noisy as hell so I asked if I could have them, he gave me them for free and they turned out to be a lot quieter than the stock ones I had.

Masscool Fan: MASSCOOL FD12025S1L3/4 Case Fan - Newegg.com

Yea gotta wait until they come out though. For now they only sell the ugly ones. The color has grown on me though *shrugs*.
Oddly enough, my Noctua fans are quieter than my TT Smart Fan 2 running at 800rpm.

i like the look of the noctuas but i swapped out all my noctua-nff12 120s for Gentle typhoon AP-15's and they (the ap-15's) are definitely quieter at like speeds. and Martins lab and here shows them testing way better than the NFF12's.

They seem to be working better on my H80i as well, but it is hard to tell how much.

I own 2 GTs, they are most definitely not quieter at 100%.
The GTs push more air for sure, but they also run 600RPM faster and that's to be expected. Under radiator strain at 100% they make a slight whirring noise and on a case with a regular air holes for a grille they are slightly audible. My Noctua fans on the other hand are inaudible in either situation. Take note I use P12s over F12s. If I had a dead silent room I could do some proper testing in I would dig out the DB meter and show that you'd find the GTs to be 5-7db over the P12s @ 100%. I know you said like speeds, but the only fans I ever limit are noisy ones like my Scythe Kaze fans or my TT Smart Fan 2. Both of which are still noisy on 5v :|

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom