Laptop Parts Sites

Yevrag35

Pushing Daisies on Saturn
I need to find a cpu fan for a Dell Vostro 3450 laptop.
Would anyone know of any 'fairly' reputable sites that you can buy parts from. I looked all over, but every picture of the fan that I need didn't really match the actual one I need. Many thanks for any help.
ProcessorFan.jpg

I'm not buying it though, it's for a business laptop.
Would Dell still sell the fan for this? Would it be worth it to give them a call to check?

Edit: Ebay did have one which is funny though. He wanted $60 for it!

If it's a business laptop, is it still covered under warranty, or does your place of business have a service agreement with Dell?

I'd contact their support and see how much a new fan would be.

It is out-of-warranty, and according to other guys that I work with, No, we don't have a service agreement with dell. Should I still give them a call? I hate talking to them :(

IMO it'll probably cost about the same through them. You could give it a shot; no guarantee they'll have one though. Never know, could end up being cheaper through them.

Ugh, I HATE calling them... but it was a lot cheaper than I thought it was going to be. Only $11.99 after taxes and shipping. Not bad I'd say. Thanks CarnageX for just telling me to call them.

No problem ;).

Something similar happened with my MSI laptop. Needed an extra HDD caddy for a secondary HDD because it didn't come with one. Everywhere online that had them, were selling for like $40. Emailed MSI, and they emailed me an order form and I filled it out. $6 + shipping. And I needed a keycap for my "A" key on they keyboard, and he threw that in for free for me.

Back
Top Bottom