Upgraded GPU... flickering now.

Chakra

Baseband Member
Hi guys,

I have a problem with my computer and I'm not sure if it's my video card, my cable, or my monitor, or something else.

Basically, I have a video flicker of colors whenever I play HD movies on my computer (like 1920x1080 30 fps+). I've tried so many things, but I can't seem to find the problem. I just replaced my 9800 gt recently (that only lagged whenever I played these videos), not my 650 Ti 2gb is just flickering.

Also, when I play Youtube or Twitch.TV, 1080p lags hardcore, and sometimes 720p. The videos on the twitch pages often stutter my computer or freeze it for short moments.

However, on my older laptop (this one: http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-dv6-3019wm-Phenom-Dua...) has no problem with any of the issues above.

---

I have a Intel Q8300 Quad Core, 650 Ti 2gb, 4 gb ram, and a 500w psu.
Could my cpu cause it? I checked the cables from the pc to the monitor, and it's not that, but I haven't checked diff. monitors.

How are you
Please check that your graphics driver, your problem is 90% graphics card driver problem.

I have tried rolling back drivers and updating to the newest, and it is still there. I do clean installs each time.

psu: Antec earthwatts EA500 ATX12V v2.2 80 PLUS Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com

the psu is a few yr old, and the card is brand new. just replaced my 9800 gt.

---

i have not yet, but i was getting to it this weekend when i had more time to thoroughly look at it all.
Lol when I asked what the PSU was you said Gigabyte, so figured Hercules 500w. Anyways, the Antec is better and shouldn't be a problem.

Definitely test it in another machine when you can to make sure it isn't just the card.

Back
Top Bottom