Disabling Speed Stepping

Speedfan is crap, why are you not using HWMonitor? Your file system is probably getting destroyed with the constant power downs, as stated, check your PSU, first post I made said that PSU isn't really a good brand to my memory. If that speedfan value for your 5v+ rail is even remotely accurate, or the sensors on your motherboard are working properly as well, then the PSU is ****, buy a new one.

Also, at this point, it is possible you have damaged the CPU or more due to the temps you was hitting.

Yea speedfan is the worst, and why are you using the install version of Coretemp? Use the standalone. As was stated the constant power downs cause corruption which corrupts installed programs. Standalones don't have this issue (which is why I always recommend Coretemp over HWMonitor).

Not sure if you made a build here or not, but the #1 reason I recommend a quality PSU is so it doesn't destroy your parts. The #2 reason is to make sure it can be ruled off from the start as not providing proper power.

Sorry I was annoyed at the dang thing I've been baffled by this thing for 4 months now. I'm probably going to goto the store tomorrow and pick up a bad ass corsair PSU and get over this. And im going to test the last two sticks of RAM over night to see if those are OKAY. :(

No point in testing 4 stick stability until you have everything else stable and running fine. Odds have it the RAM and running 4 sticks is fine but stick to troubleshooting one thing at a time.

So do you agree that I should go test out a better PSU to see if that's the issue? Because I used a 500w antec and it wont even boot up, but it does with the kingwin 650ws. I think the other one burned out xS my dad said I should also change bios versions. I was told there were stability issues with the higher versions of the bios for my board here http://www.overclock.net/t/1023100/official-gigabyte-ga-990fxa-series-owners-thread-club. I forget what page it was.

Last edited:
Was this PSU running fine in another machine or was it a spare? If your machine is killing product then I wouldn't buy a new PSU just for that to die too.

Did you take the motherboard out and place it on the motherboard box while testing with the new PSU?

I bought it awhile ago, for like 60 bucks, but it never fixed the hanging issue. And I have no idea what it is, I took out the sticks of RAM and only used two, but I've tested them with memtest86 and it's fine. I've tested my HDD but it seemed fine, I noticed an error with V-core. What's that? Should I worry about it? 2013-04-05-08h10-VCore.png Photo by FearTheSKill | Photobucket,
2013-04-05-08h10-Volt5.png Photo by FearTheSKill | Photobucket
2013-04-05-08h10-Volt12.png Photo by FearTheSKill | Photobucket
2013-04-05-08h10-Volt3.png Photo by FearTheSKill | Photobucket

Those are from awhile back, before I RMA'd the CPU. I dont know if that helps now though...

Vcore shouldn't bounce that high, it will go up/down, but it shouldn't be going from 0.8 to 1.50 like that, 1.50v is very dangerous and core damaging unless that chip can tolerate/need 1.50v... Haven't touched AMD in awhile. Essentially, the errors that program is throwing is related to bad power, the 12v, 3v, and vcore are all fluctuating too much, some is ok, but almost half a volt in some cases is bad.

The issue with that BIOS bug they are talking about is not related. The issue they had was that the system could NOT boot to CD/HDD, it would hang completely. The computer wouldn't just crash.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom