Video card 2GB vs 4GB

Okay that's fine, it was more of me being curious about multi monitor than me actually running that set-up.

Any idea when the 4GB 770's will be here? I am getting antsy waiting BUT I really like the idea of the Boost 2.0 since I have read that Nvidia chip sets are harder to OC compared to ATI. That alone makes me want to wait.

Thanks

Last edited:
They aren't harder, just Boost 1.0 went by a TDP limit due to the 600 series being 6+6pin. The 700 series has a higher TDP and has a 6+8pin configuration to draw more power. They go by temp rather than TDP and you can adjust that temp cap for the boost.

So basically speaking, unless you had a modded bios you couldn't go very high with the 680s and 670. That is resolved with the 700 series.

I have no idea when they will come, but I predicted Haswell later in June and they are already here so hoping sooner than later. I want to sell a guitar for a 4GB 770 because I would rather have that over a 3GB 780.

Hmm interesting thanks,

Well guess I'll wait, after doing some research the 770 series seems worth the wait (hopefully not that long of a wait). I guess I can have a glorified web surfing/Minecraft playing PC for a little while longer lol.

Thanks

Yea definitely worth the wait. It's a 680 for the price of a 670. The 4GB 680s were closer to 600 bucks and these should be closer to 500 until they start dropping.

Back
Top Bottom