G.SKILL ripjaws 8 GB (2X4GB) DDR3 1333
Radeon HD 6700 series
1000W DELL power supply
multiple HDD
-Western Digital X2
-Seagate X3
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-BIT (legitimate)

INTRO
Ever since day 1 when I bought my computer it has never worked right, and $1000 in, it has really ****ed me off for a long time. I'm the computer guy for all of my friends and family and know what I'm doing quite well. One of my friends is a computer engineer and does high level IT work, he still can't figure it out. I have done benchmark tests on all of my hard drives, my ram and my CPU with no errors and great performance. My only idea is possibly the power supply, but the voltage levels are fine and stable.

TL;DR my computer is ****ing me off due to not just gremlins, but full on demon possession with no identifiable faults.

Massive list of problems
1) Main problem is that all of my hard drives will "randomly" be detected and then suddenly will "disappear" and sometimes come back a short time later. The only exception is my C drive which never disappears allowing the OS to run uninterrupted...usually...
2) Recently, me and my buddy observed the voltage levels of the power supply through the bios for a few hours, didn't change any settings, then when I rebooted everything worked, of course, and stayed this way for about a month and a half. One day, I restarted it and problems are back and after post the drive that worked for 1.5 months says I need to change boot priority and the only drive that works is an old OS drive that had been "corrupt" on my computer previously. I hadn't changed any settings or installed/uninstalled programs for a week.

If you have read this far, thank you. I am out of ideas, short of buying an entirely new system. I have changed everything that I can think of out and trying the components in friends' computers and they work fine. I have talked to everyone I know and they have no idea. Please help!!

It's a Dell replacement power supply off of ebay, seemed legit at the time...once I get a bit of money I'm gonna replace it just to be sure.

I have changed out all sata cables multiple times and cmos battery is good

I bought a new MSI board with amazing reviews because I thought this might be the problem to no avail. I just put a borrowed PSU in and after testing it out it did stop the main problems, but it seems that there are a couple other problems coming from different sources...

I bought a new MSI board with amazing reviews because I thought this might be the problem to no avail. I just put a borrowed PSU in and after testing it out it did stop the main problems, but it seems that there are a couple other problems coming from different sources...

Did you do a clean install with the new board?

Back
Top Bottom