Macbook Air

BladeFury1789

Beta member
Hello there, everybody. I'm BladeFury1789. This is my first time here! How do you do?

Weeeellllllll…. for background info, I currently have a late 2011 Mac Mini (upgrade: 8GB RAM) I love this machine, don't get me wrong. Runs like a charm.

However, I'm looking into getting a Macbook Air.

What do you guys think of the Air? What have been your experiences? Do you recommend it or no?

I got the 11" and love it.

I don't really do anything other than browse the web on it most of the time. But it works very well for that.

I have a 2012 13" MBA. best laptop I've ever owned hands down. It's light, durable, relatively powerful (but don't expect to play the newest games. games like StarCraft 2 and Minecraft and Guild Wars 2 run. GW2 and SC2 run at like 30fps at the lowest settings)

If you need OSX it is a good choice but if you are neutral on the os quite a few ultrabooks offer significantly better hardware.

If you need OSX it is a good choice but if you are neutral on the os quite a few ultrabooks offer significantly better hardware.

No they don't. I spent weeks looking for an alternative ultrabook, and all of which had a flaw which ruled them out. The only true alternative is the Lenovo X1 Carbon, and it's 50% more expensive.

95% of ultrabooks don't even have a great trackpad. Most of them are alright. But not great. And most reviewers agree, that none of them are as good as Apples.

Back
Top Bottom