Video card upgrade

Thresh25

Daemon Poster
I've currently got a radeon 6850 and I'm looking to upgrade. I don't really have any preference towards nvidia or radeon so that doesn't matter. I'm a little out of the loop with the latest and greatest, I mostly play BF3 and shogun 2, I will be playing bf4 and rome 2 one they come out. I want to be able to moslty max these games out.

Can I do this with a 7870? Or do I at least need the 7950? And within this price range, is it better to buy a 7950 or a 660 ti? Or just a 660? Thanks for any help!

Depending on your budget, you're looking at the 7950 or 660ti. BF4 will be practically identical to BF3 so that isn't an issue, but it's the other two. You'll need a good CPU to max out the Shogun games.

If you have the cash, go for a non GHz 7970. You can sometimes find them a little over 300. If not, get the 660ti.

The 7950 is going to be as far as my budget will let me go. The trailer for bf4 made it seem like the graphics were much better, so I would have thought the game would be more demanding. But so you're saying the 660ti is better than the 7950?

Yup.

And the trailer looks only slightly better, but I have played BF3 a ton and to me it looks way too similar. They only spent a year developing it after all.

Alright well if I decide to go that route I've currently got a 6950 so ive got the ati drivers. I've never upgraded on the same pc and switched brands, always stuck to either ati or nvidia. Will the drivers easily remove themself and is it a simple plug and play? Or do I need to do some complicated stuff in the registry?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom