Question About My First Gaming PC

Brandon B

Beta member
Hello Everyone,
I'm currently looking to buy a reasonably priced gaming PC. I know that building my own PC would probably be the best option, but considering this is my first gaming PC and I know little about the inner working of computers at the moment, I think I'll play it safe and buy a pre-built PC. But anyway, my question is concerning a customized PC I built on the Cyber PowerPC website. I started with a basic "Gamer Xtreme 1000" and changed a few things on it, such as the graphic card, cooling system, and power supply to fit my needs.

My question is whether or not the parts I have listed below will work well with each other or are even compatible, and if they are, will this PC be able to run most, if not all modern games on the highest setting. Just a note, I don't plan on doing multi-screen, 3D gaming, or overclocking on this PC. Here are the parts.
Changes I made to the original setup are listed is parentases.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3470 3.20 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155

Hard Drive: 500GB SATA-III 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
(Down graded from a 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32mb)

Cooling Fan: Intel Certified CPU Fan & Heatsink
(Down graded from Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan)

Memory: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory

Power Supply: 600 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2 Builder Series CX600 V2
(Upgraded from 350 Watts - Antec Basiq BP350)

Graphic Card: AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB 16X Video Card
(Upgrade from AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB 16X)

Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

Extra added stuff: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans

Again, my question is whether or not these pieces are compatible and if they will work well together. Also, I'm interested in knowing if their might be overheating problems since I took off the water-cooling system and replaced it with the basic fan.

Thanks for reading!

Looks fine to me, you will need a 7870 or 660 to start playing games at highest settings. Certain games like Crysis 3, Far Cry 3, Metro Last Light/2033, and such will require more GPU horsepower though.

Good call on the PSU, brand, and not an overbearing wattage.

Just as an FYI, with the amount of guides and Youtube videos out there building your own machine is a walk in the park if you can follow simple directions.

Back
Top Bottom