Custom Build W7 Random Restarts

JK2900

Solid State Member
HI all!! I need help wizards!

I built this computer about 2 years ago.

i5-2500K Intel quad core 3.3
XFX Radeon HD 6870
8gb of Gskill ram
Antec 750 w power supply
60gb SSD
1TB HDD
Cooler Master aftermarket cooler
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Recently I've been having very odd problems. The computer will be working fine then it freezes up and restarts or blue screens.

If it restarts it won't boot back up and repeatedly tries to boot from CD/DVD drive.

If I manually shut it down, it will boot just fine.

The event view reads: Event ID 41 "Kernel-Power"

I've ran a memtest on the ram and it was fine.
The temperatures are fine as well.

There have been some power outages in my area recently... Do yall think something is fried? Power supply?

Ohhh, also... took out my HDD and reformatted my computer on the SDD. So it's on a fresh install now and still having the same problems.

Thanks,
JK

Last edited:
A quick google search leads me to believe it could have something to do with the power supply.

Windows Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, or Windows Server 2008 R2

On the off chance you happen to have a UPS, you could try hooking it up to that and see if the computer is shutting off b/c it's losing power. You'd know, b/c it would switch to the UPS for power.

I just bought and installed a Corsair GS800 PSU. I was going to order one from new egg, but got inpatient so I went to see what best buy had in stock. I've got it installed now. So far everything seems to be working well. I'll update soon if the problem has been solved.

Thanks,
JK

Back
Top Bottom