Need a lot of help now!

roweder

In Runtime
My aunt got a windows 8 machine and wanted windows 7 on it, and she asked me to re-install windows 7 on it for her, so I thought sure I can do that. I have a laptop that came with windows 7 and I had put windows 8 on it, then 7, then 8 again, and I thought this would be just as easy.

I tried to get the stupid thing to boot to the windows 7 disk but it wouldn't, so I tried to install it from the running desktop, then the stupid thing just became unusable, so then I plugged it's hard drive into my computer and wiped it completely. Now I'm in a huge rut. I had already downloaded all of the windows 7 drivers necessary, but I had never, EVER even come close to getting a whiff of what else I needed to do. I've already wiped the drive so all I can get now is "Operating System Not Found" and when I put the windows 7 disk in I cannot boot from it and it also will not boot from a windows 8 disk or my windows 8 hard drive from my laptop.

Apparently I need to get a DOS screen and disable secure boot and enable legacy boot but the damn thing refuses to let me into it's DOS screen. any idea how to get into the DOS screen? some sort of ISO disk I can burn? I really need help, I've been searching youtube and google all night finding not a shred of helpful information on how to get into the DOS screen after windows 8 has been wiped.

I'm pretty desperate at this point, all I seem to have done is brick my aunt's brand new laptop.

It is a Sony VAIO SVE15126CXS

Thanks in advance!

have you tried to set your cd rom as primary or boot to cd by actually selecting that option?

I don't know why but for some reason I didn't get any e-mails saying you guys replied, I am subscribed to this thread.

The main problem was that I couldn't get into bios, but I figured this out. I went to VAIO support and figured out that if I had the laptop off and pressed the assist button I could get into bios, from there I turned secure boot off and switched the boot mode to legacy and got windows 7 installed and working!

Thanks guys!

Is there a way to mark this thread as solved?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom