FX 6300 - 2013 Gaming?

Ok, but whats wrong with the FX series? Wouldn't the fx 6300 have better performance than the P2 ? Because i don't need to have a high-end CPU like the i7.

Take a look at my article which is linked. The 6300 is more like a tri core with a physical HT implementation due to how the modules work. In other words, as it stands your P2 is better, as the 4300 is a step behind and the 6300 is a side step. If you're going to upgrade everything, it only makes sense to go the faster route, which would be the i5 3350p, or the 3570k. In gaming currently, the 3570k is king for price to performance, and the 3350p isn't far behind it. With Haswells release, there is no AMD that will touch the gaming segment crown to the 4650k once it's inflation drops mid summer.

Take note, we never mentioned the i7. Gaming does not use HT, and that same concept applies to the FX with its modules.

I dont really want to go for intel, because of the price and because i am more of a AMD person when it comes to CPU's. Ok, the 3570k is much better in performance but the 6300 will still run games smoothly right?

PP why is RAM going to get more expensive? Also, Do you turn off your background tansks when you play PP? I turn mine off most of the time.

I dont really want to go for intel, because of the price and because i am more of a AMD person when it comes to CPU's. Ok, the 3570k is much better in performance but the 6300 will still run games smoothly right?
It'll run games about the same as your current CPU, which is why I said it's a side step really. In other words, kind of pointless as things are pointing at Steamroller being a new platform.
The i5 3350p is only 179 vs the FX 6300 being 149. 30 dollar difference which can be made up in the motherboard as Intel CPUs don't require a high end board to get good features. Biggest difference here, it's actually an upgrade. What I've been trying to say.

If you are ok with not really getting an upgrade then that's cool, I'll just drop it.

PP why is RAM going to get more expensive? Also, Do you turn off your background tansks when you play PP? I turn mine off most of the time.
RAM is already more expensive, if you haven't noticed. Because DDR4 is right around the corner. DDR3 prices will start to raise because demand gets lower, and currently besides sales RAM is about 20 bucks more expensive for 8GB 1600 as compared to the 39 and 40 bucks about 6 months ago.

No I do not, because I currently can't play games. I also have 16GB of RAM, so no need really. Now, 2 years ago when I had 4GB of RAM you bet your hiney I shut everything down to get maximum performance. It's the reason why today I use the classic theme because back in XP days I used classic bar with the theme service disabled. All resource helping stuck over the years because I'm very RAM OCD. If Windows 7 is using more than 1.5GB of RAM I start searching for why it is.

Ok, but talking about DDR4, is it worth it to get a new motherboard with DDR3 for the next 2 or so years or wait for DDR4 ??

Ok, but talking about DDR4, is it worth it to get a new motherboard with DDR3 for the next 2 or so years or wait for DDR4 ??
Not worth the wait, because DDR3 1600 is nowhere near a limit or bottleneck in any way. DDR4 is supposed to start at 2133 and 2133 RAM doesn't offer any improvement over 1600 even in quad-channel form (Socket 2011 setup). The prices are being raised to try and catch the late adopters or late size upgraders. Haswell just released at DDR3, IB-E will release at DDR3 for Christmas, and rumors are going back and forth that Steamroller will be DDR3 or 4. I personally believe the next Intel mainstream platform will be DDR4, but if their tick-tock holds true, the next upgrade should be a reduction on socket 1150 for next year which is DDR3.

Back
Top Bottom