Intermittent BSODs

Take a close look at his screenshots write down the error code and do a bing/google or internet search and see what comes up. :/
I have a bad feeling it maybe his psu, if event viewer points out hard drive read error consistently, yes my good man you are correct. :)

I had? 0xC000000E, or STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE, indicates a hardware failure or an incorrect drive configuration. Check your cables and check the drive with the diagnostic utility available from your drive manufacturer. If you are using older PATA (IDE) drives, this status code can indicate an incorrect master/subordinate drive configuration.

The KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR bug check has a value of 0x0000007A. This bug check indicates that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory.

Download and install updates and device drivers for your computer from Windows Update.
Scan your computer for computer viruses.
Check your hard disk for errors.

The CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION bug check has a value of 0x000000F4. This indicates that a process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

Download and install updates and device drivers for your computer from Windows Update.
Scan your computer for computer viruses.
Check your hard disk for errors.

from MSDN

He stated it wasn't memory so we can rule that out.

Still leads to a SSD with OS on it to me or the motherboard, and motherboard becasue if the information isn't getting to the memory or processor etc.

Last edited:
The PSU is a Mushkin 800/850W max PSU (MKNPSJL800), it's about 3 years old, I bought it new when I built the PC and it was only a few months after purchase infrequent BSODs began.

I have not attempted a system restore, only the full re-installation of Windows 7 (and thus every registry tied program following that).

I haven't read anything yet that indicates it would likely be a PSU as appose to other things.

I just had another BSOD, waited for 20 minutes in the hopes that a dump file would be created and one was not, perhaps this lack of being able to write to my SSD (supported by the weird date of my larger dump file despite more recent crashes) does indeed suggest it is an issue in this area.

I just had another BSOD, waited for 20 minutes in the hopes that a dump file would be created and one was not, perhaps this lack of being able to write to my SSD (supported by the weird date of my larger dump file despite more recent crashes) does indeed suggest it is an issue in this area.

Well given all that you tried so far and what you have posted up.
Lets try one last thing, take your computer to a compute repair shop.
Have them test your psu first and see if something maybe wrong with it.
That or you could op for trying a new psu and see if the intermitten power outs will stop.

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR - 0x0000007A - Microsoft Community

I've been thinking about something else, if you have onboard video please take out your graphics card and let windows boot up.
if it does a full start up with no bsod for an hour it "might" be the Radeon 6900.
If thats so I'll look into finding some stable drivers for it later on.
If all that fails, assume my first answer I gave: The power supply unit.

Back
Top Bottom