PC Speakers ~ Need Advice

Hermanator

Baseband Member
I need speakers for my PC because my old ones are bad, one doesn't even work and they were very cheap, small ones to begin with.

I'm looking to spend as little as possible but also get a decent sound, a sub-woofer would be nice too. I'm no audiophile but I do enjoy listening to Pandora and other music media files while on the computer. So, I don't need anything expensive.

Ordering off eBay is what I prefer so if anyone could provide me some links to a decent set of speakers I'd appreciate it. I know nothing about brands of speakers and what is good or what is junk.

Price range = under $40? Is there such a thing for a decent sounding set? :cool:

Thanks!

I have had my logitech pc speakers surround sound with sub for god knows how long and I have always loved it.

With no surround sound I found this

Logitech - Speaker System Z313

I can't personally vouch for these since I don't have this model but it looks like it has good reviews. Not sure where you live but in US they are 50 bucks.

Won't be good for gaming but if you are just listening to music etc looks like these are fine.

Last edited:
Yes, not for gaming. I don't play games on my PC.

I don't need surround either. Just two speakers and maybe a sub would be nice.

Just for future responses.

Thanks for the info! I will check them out.

I just got these, myself, and they are absolutely amazing for the $20 I paid. Not sure if you can find them for that price, but they sound just as good as my full home theater system. At low/moderate volumes, I cant even tell the difference. Ive been really blown away by the way they sound.. Very natural, and a hell of a lot "bigger" then they actually are.

looks like this is the newer model, so the sound should be similar- http://www.amazon.com/Altec-Lansing-VS2621-Channel-Speaker/dp/B0025VKUQQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1370837191&sr=1-1&keywords=vs2621

Last edited:
You must not have a very good home theater, as the frequency response on those is terrible. I can't imagine that sub actually pushing 45hz decent or even 120hz. I guess 36 bucks for low volume wouldn't be bad, but in this case I think getting some headphones would be better.

So you know how it sounds based off sales sheets? This isnt the 90's, the chinese are pushing out some amazing sounding equipment for bargain prices. Crystal clear tripath amplifiers cost nearly nothing, and they are using cones that actually have some range.

And the specs aren't even bad, I really dont know what you're talking about. A lot of quality cones are rated to a max of 20khz, because that's all we can hear, and the sub really does do 45hz. And, a 93db SPL rating isn't that bad either for a consumer device. I understand you don't believe it, but I think you should try some first hand experience before you dismiss it.

My Pioneer dolby receiver has much higher specs then these Altec's do, but they sound very comparable. That's why I posted, because they really do sound that good. I'm sure those Logitech's posted earlier are also excellent... unless you need blaring loud concert sound, there really isnt a reason to buy a home theater system any more. That is, unless you don't care about the power consumption I suppose...

A lot of people like loud, but yes I have owned several Altec setups over the years and can comment on their general quality. The lower end stuff has a 90% chance of not passing what I would call "decent". Take note, I didn't comment on the quality of the Logitech speakers either. Some people think the X530s sound amazing and I think they sound like ass for example.

Although I can personally hear 22KHz sounds, my comment was more towards the lower response range. In almost all certainty, you get what you pay for in sound gear. All I'll really say on the matter.

Back
Top Bottom