DVI stopped working

Jayteescout

In Runtime
So I come home to hop on my computer as I did the day before, but this time my monitor didn't detect any activity. I tried different combos of cables and connections and found that the DVI cable will not work, but my monitor still detects it. By this I mean the monitor will go to sleep when I plug the DVI in, but when I unplug it, the monitor will turn on and say "No DVI Detected" or something along those lines. I think it might have something to do with the connections on my GPU. The only way I can use my computer is with a VGA directly in the motherboard. And with 800x600 on a 20" monitor designed for 1600x900, you can understand how horrible this is. D:

Thanks for your help in advance!

Ignore the monitor's "no dvi"/sleep thing, pretty sure it's just a simple contact check.

Is the DVI on your PC from a gfx card? If so, what model is the card?

And the dvi-d port gives the same result?

You can try resetting everything, and by that I mean take out your gfx card, uninstall the drivers, reboot, shutdown, install the card again, reinstall the latest drivers. See if that helps.

It'd also be helpful if you had another monitor or pc to test the gfx card with?

Back
Top Bottom