Freezes and BSoD!

Haste

Beta member
How it started:
For the past week I have been experiencing BSoD and freezes while playing SC2. Since they started I have tried a number of things I have found online to no avail. I re-installed the OS on my SSD, re-installed my graphics drivers, as well as deleting the root files and installing them fresh from Nvidia's website. I don't have a C:\WIndows\Minidump folder, but i have just disabled my computer restart following BSoD and enabled a mini dump of 256kb which I will upload the next time it happens.

What's Happening:
Random Freezes as well as BSoD
Error Code 0x000000F4. When checking Event Viewer it shows Event ID: 41 from Source: Kernel-Power.

I also have been experiencing a problem where my bios doesn't recognize my SSD. I have gone through, unplugged the SATA cables, exchanged one for a new one as well as exchanged the power cables.

Specs:
-2011 Build-
Processor (CPU): Intel Core i5-2500k 3.30 GHz
Cooler: Cooler Master 212Evo
Motherboard (Mobo): Asus P8z68-V Pro/Gen3
Ram: 16G=4x RipjawsX F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL
GPU (Video Card or Graphics Adapter): MSI Hawk Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1G
Hard Drive(s): Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 64G (OS running on Crucial SSD)
and Samsung HD103SJ 1TB
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
Case: Corsair 500R White
Operating System: Win7 64-bit
Monitor Model(s): Asus VE248H 24in

I have looked through the website as well as others for any information on the issue, but am still at a loss. If any further information is needed, please let me know. Thank you in advance for your help!

Edit: I just had a freeze and when i tried to Alt-Tab the screen went black, yet my mouse was still functional.

Last edited:
I just finished a clean reinstall of the system, and yet again I'm having system freezes/BSoD. I am really at a loss for what to do next, as the Minidump files are missing from windows. Please help! :sick:

Note: I have followed this steps for the Minidump files:

Go to Start and type in "sysdm.cpl" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that "Automatically restart" is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select "Small memory dump (64 kB)" in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as "%systemroot%\Minidump" (without the quotes)
Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom