video card?

SiZcO

In Runtime
Hi. I bought my ati 4870 about 5 years and i think today it finally went out was loading up a game when screen went black. Fan on gpu was loud no but no 3 lights on the gpu like it has always had. So in market for a video card.. any good suggestions budget at about 150-200 thanks.

Btw i play call of duty type games

Hey guys im just gonna leave these here.

Umart Computer Notebook&PC Parts - Umart Online® Your one stop Computer Shop for computer parts,notebook and new system

Umart Online

GeForce GTX 660 vs Radeon HD 7850 – Performance Comparison Benchmarks @ Hardware Compare

If you don't want to read all that? The ATI card takes the cake for the price to performance but if you want to spend the extra money for a better card then go ahead. You've already got the system for ATI and you've stuck with them till now so why change?

My personal opinion is go for the ATI.

If OP is located in the US, which I think he is, the 660 is the better buy because the two are practically the same price.

As to performance, never use Hardware Compare because all they do is compare hardware paper specs. Actual benchmarks show the 660 is better, meaning at the same price point the 660 is the better buy and more performance for the dollar.

AnandTech | Bench - GPU12

Yeah im from us. So 660 gonna running hotter then the 7850 but that seems to be the only con. Think im sold on the 660 any experience the sc edition over the regular notice its only a slight overclock difference

Back
Top Bottom