Computer freezes and mouse still moves

Well in the event viewer I have gotten 59 errors in the past 7 days, "critical kernel-power 41 (63)" the windows description pretty much says its when my computer unexpectedly reboots or shuts off. When I am in safe mode everything works completely fine.
Also this has been happening waaaaaaay before I OC'ed my comp. Since I got the computer it would freeze on the google image page, then it progressed into it freezing when i turn it on, now its at freezing 59 times a week... So now i know its progressive.

The reliability history says the same thing, unexpected shutdown

And no I am not using AMD overdrive I have it overclocked from the BIOS PP

Thanks for all your efforts guys I have been having this problem for so long

Last edited:
What you can do is create a backup of your HDD then reformat your pc then reload your backup. If its a windows problem, it will be fixed, If its hardware you will continue to have that problem. Also install another 3rd party antivirus, Norton is a basic one but a goody. Theres no harm in trying a free trial.

Well in the event viewer I have gotten 59 errors in the past 7 days, "critical kernel-power 41 (63)" the windows description pretty much says its when my computer unexpectedly reboots or shuts off. When I am in safe mode everything works completely fine.
Also this has been happening waaaaaaay before I OC'ed my comp. Since I got the computer it would freeze on the google image page, then it progressed into it freezing when i turn it on, now its at freezing 59 times a week... So now i know its progressive.

The reliability history says the same thing, unexpected shutdown

And no I am not using AMD overdrive I have it overclocked from the BIOS PP

Thanks for all your efforts guys I have been having this problem for so long
Seriously still think it's hardware based.

What you can do is create a backup of your HDD then reformat your pc then reload your backup. If its a windows problem, it will be fixed, If its hardware you will continue to have that problem. Also install another 3rd party antivirus, Norton is a basic one but a goody. Theres no harm in trying a free trial.
If it's a problem with Windows backing up and reloading that image will just reload all the problems and he's back to square one. The only way to really see if it's software is start 100% from scratch with no OC.

Seriously still think it's hardware based.

If it's a problem with Windows backing up and reloading that image will just reload all the problems and he's back to square one. The only way to really see if it's software is start 100% from scratch with no OC.

Why do you think its hardware based? It doesn't happen in safe mode and the only difference is the graphics card isn't used right? Is there something else that isnt used in safe mode?

If you're not using overdrive, then uninstall it or at least turn the service off. See what happens.
Yeah I will, it probably wont make a difference though because this problem has been happening before I even thought about OC ing

Having it o/c'd certainly does not help. You should set the bios back to it's default settings before continuing to to anything else, It's another possibility that you have a funky driver somewhere and it does not like the o/c

I think I may have found the simple problem that has caused me so much trouble, when my mouse it installed 2 mouse drivers... ever since i disabled the one not being used I have not froze. I did this last night so I hope everything works fine now.
1 little extra driver! DAM!

Why do you think its hardware based? It doesn't happen in safe mode and the only difference is the graphics card isn't used right? Is there something else that isnt used in safe mode?
Safe Mode boots the least amount of things, excluding ALL drivers besides basics to just display the screen. A majority of the normal Windows services are all disabled, and safe mode doesn't put any strain on your machine when loading because it's so minimal. The fact that drivers aren't loaded means that hardware won't be properly used, eliminating any kind of hardware problem to be seen unless it's very serious.

I think I may have found the simple problem that has caused me so much trouble, when my mouse it installed 2 mouse drivers... ever since i disabled the one not being used I have not froze. I did this last night so I hope everything works fine now.
1 little extra driver! DAM!
Glad you found it. A fresh install long ago would have fixed this though.

My friend gave me windows 7, and he was in college since I built this computer, it was his copy so he had the disk. Thankfully he just came back, I am still having a problem that whenever I upload anything it freezes after about 10 seconds(unless the upload is shorter)

Back
Top Bottom