LG Laptop Blu-Ray Drive

xerolen

In Runtime
Hey all. I bought a Lenovo G780 and it came with a DVD-RW drive and I wanted to replace it with a Blu-Ray Drive. I found this on Newegg and I wanted to know if LG is a trust worthy manufacturer for Blu-Ray drives? Anyone ever had a problem with their drives or have one that they like and such? I'm looking to spend a max of $90 on a Blu-Ray drive for my laptop preferably an internal one to replace my DVD-RW drive. Any suggestions?

Drive manufacturers really aren't a thing anymore when it comes to optical. If it means anything, my LG DVDRW has been going for about 7 years now.

Thanks. That's all I wanted to know. I know there are a couple of manufacturers out there whose drives eat discs and I haven't bought a new laptop Disc drive in years so I had no idea how companies stacked up these days.

If you want some comfort just Google the drive in question to see if there are any complaints about it. Just so you know, the one you linked is out of stock.

Personally, if you don't have a BD for your PC I would get an external so I could use it on my PC if needed. That's just me though, as I have no intentions of ever buying a BD drive.

I want one for my laptop just because 90% of my DVD collection is blu-ray these days and I don't want to have to rebuy them ok iTunes or what have you. I wanted an internal because I wanted to reduce the amount of crap I keep in my gear bag. I already keep 2 HDD enclosures, a disc book, 5 different USB cables, 10 USB drives and many many other things. I travel a lot so I wanted to be able to take my movie collection along and be able to watch it ok the move.

I want one for my laptop just because 90% of my DVD collection is blu-ray these days and I don't want to have to rebuy them ok iTunes or what have you. I wanted an internal because I wanted to reduce the amount of crap I keep in my gear bag. I already keep 2 HDD enclosures, a disc book, 5 different USB cables, 10 USB drives and many many other things. I travel a lot so I wanted to be able to take my movie collection along and be able to watch it ok the move.
Then that's a BD collection sir, not a DVD collection. :p

That's because most BD movies come with a DVD copy too, and the fact that it's a digital video disc. A collection of BDs and DVDs are two different things though.

Shall we stop with semantics? Just looking for a BD drive suggestion for my laptop that is preferably an internal replacement for my current disc drive

So I've decided to instead put this in place of getting an internal BD drive and instead will be getting an external BD drive. Would someone be able to help me find an external Blu-Ray drive that is powered over USB that is below $100?

Back
Top Bottom