Computer Build

U don't need 32gb ram for gaming, 8gb is plenty, I would get little better PSU and depending on ur budget I would look into 650/660(ti) video cards.

As was already said, you don't need 32GB of RAM at all for a gaming PC, and you need a better PSU than that. Depending on your budget and which card you go with I would get a Corsair TX650 or Seasonic Gold X650.

I also would swap out the parts for a 3570k and an ASRock Z77 Extreme 3 or 4 depending on budget.

And, to the HDD and BD? Are they really needed? Would be better to get an SSD in such a caliber of rig. A 120GB Corsair Neutron GTX is 129 bucks, and a 1TB which is sufficient enough space can be had for about 79 bucks. Only a tad more than a 4TB.
If you don't plan on buying and watching BD movies on your PC then I suggest against it. Especially at that price.

If you don't have any gift card or real reason to purchase from Amazon then I would do all of your PC part shopping at Newegg.

Should I get an ssd just for the os? And I misspoke about it only being a gaming pc, it's going to my main computer and I want it to be able to handle everything.

Should I get an ssd just for the os? And I misspoke about it only being a gaming pc, it's going to my main computer and I want it to be able to handle everything.
Everything I've said will handle everything unless you just need a ridiculous amount of storage. I just dropped from 8TB to 3TB without an issue. Was like meh, who needs 3TB of BD rips and 2TB of TV lol.

The SSD depending on how big it is can be used for more than just the OS. Mine is used for OS, few games, Vegas Pro 12, CS6 products, Office 2013, and quite a few other programs. That's on 120GB. Take a look at my stickied article and on the last page I have a Youtube video that shows the difference between an SSD and a HDD. It's a huge difference and very worth the money in a good budget machine.

With the budget at hand, I wouldn't look at anything lower than a GTX 670.

I was looking at a gigabyte GeForce gtx 660 OC, it had some pretty favorable reviews but idk if it will be powerful enough. And yes like you I have a massive collection of movies and tv lol. I'm really to concerned about budget, just trying to keep it relatively close to 1500.

For 1500, you better have something better than a 660 in there. Also, I would keep it to reference blower style cards, or more preferably eVGA due to their warranty and excellent CS.

When I get back I'll build you a setup for about 1500.

Do you need peripherals too?

1500 for the system itself, not including keyboard, mouse, or monitor. Also this may sound like an odd question but do I need a sound card if I plan on using external speakers?

Back
Top Bottom