New build constantly freezes and/or restarts

ollithemagicbum

In Runtime
I have a thread over at overclock, but I want more input since one guy is saying to rma the motherboard. I put 4 pieces of new hardware in my build. A 3930k, rampage 4 extreme, ax1200 and 64 gb g.skill ram. They think it's unlikely my ram considering everything I've done. Memtest, prime 95, Intelburntest. 12 hours in memtest showed 0 errors after finish two passes. I lasted an hour with ibt using all my ram and it only restarted about 20 minutes after I closed it and started another test. I don't get any bsod, my computer just restarts itself, or it freezes no matter what I'm doing. It once froze at the Windows logo on the black screen before the login. Sometimes the keyboard(deck legend toxic) is unresponsive at the black screen asking me if I want to start in safe mode, safe mode with network, etc. One time it wasn't responding in the bios. Does this sound like a bad motherboard? I only just opened everything and built it 4-5 days ago and the problem started immediately. Event logs only shows kernel power event id 41. Also, sometimes it can't even post and is stuck on led debug code 6f, most of the time when it does freeze, the code says 15. I'm trying to be as detailed as I can so I can figure out what is wrong.

If it stops responding in the BIOS it is likely a bad motherboard. I had a PC with a similar freezing problem and upon examining the board I found two blown capacitors.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom