DVD drive freezes Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooldogmsa

Solid State Member
I have an LG DVD drive burner and everytime i put a cd or DVD in the drive the computer completely freezes (mouse and keyboard do not work) the only way to fix this is to turn computer off with the power switch. Device Manager says that the device is working properly and the driver is the most current and it does not show the yellow exclamation point meaning it is good to go.

2.8 Ghz P4
120 Gig HD
GEForce 5600
1Ghz pc3200 Ram
Windows XP Pro

Any thought please let me know

It is on Master and it is by itself going to an IDE slot on my motherboard. And yes it does that with every CD or DVD that I put into it.

If it is by itself you don't need a Jumper on it, if I remember right. When you have it set to master it makes it think there is another drive, so it searches and searches for it....

It is set to master and on the end of the cable. I built this system myself. It worked for about 4 months just fine and now for about 2 months like this. What is weird is after I turn the comp off with the switch then turn it back on with the CD in it still it works fine and reads the CD just fine. It is only when I put it in.

The firmware thing worked. There was no new drivers for the drive but there was 2 firmware updates. I updated and now the drive works again thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom