Dell XPS 435MT Upgrade Questions

Does restraining myself to microatx size give me fewer options in regards to performance? Sorry for the silly question :/

Sounds good to me :) - Just curious in regards to the motherboard - When I do upgrade, is the case going to be a problem in regards to size. The more enthusiastic I get about gaming etc, the more quality I am looking for hence why the Graphics card and hard drive have been an annoyance from there on in.

I'm going to have a battle on my hands because I just showed my Husband the case and he hates it. God knows why he prefers the other one 0_0. I love the window effect my only pain is my motherboard is green and I have a pet peeve of making things look like they were all meant to be together which I admit is partly why I chose the Nvidia graphics card haha. I know I can get the non-windowed one but then I think welllll it just looks like another case then. Oh how I wish my motherboard was BLACK! Damn you Dell, why you so ugly!.
Which case, the Level 10? I have to agree with him. Get something that doesn't look like it was made for 12 year olds.
The 300r has a window since you want that, has great cooling, can fit standard ATX boards for future upgrades, and IMO looks a ton better than the Level 10.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139016

Does restraining myself to microatx size give me fewer options in regards to performance? Sorry for the silly question :/
There are plenty of good mATX boards. They are no different than standard ATX boards, just smaller.

Which case, the Level 10? I have to agree with him. Get something that doesn't look like it was made for 12 year olds.

There are plenty of good mATX boards. They are no different than standard ATX boards, just smaller.

No i Meant he doesn't like the 350D he likes the level 10. I never liked the look of the level 10 just wanted it purely for airflow. I like the seamless classy look myself but was willing to get something ugly to get good airflow. I threw the whole idea of the level 10 out since you suggested it was purely the cards fault for not keeping the heat down not the case.

I think I will keep to the 350D if I can get the same performance in the future out of an mATX as an ATX. Cheers thanks for all your help guys :)

Well like I said though, the airflow in the Level 10 isn't actually that great. Also IIRC the larger fans are proprietary and you can only use Thermaltake's fans instead of some better faster fans.

Back
Top Bottom