Need help picking a Monitor

Apothys

Baseband Member
So here I am again asking for help. Thank you guys for helping me choose a PSU and Case now I cant seem to decide on a monitor one that really caught my eye is this one soley because its VERY pretty to look at lol and it would look super hot on my desk.

Canada Computers | LCD/LED Monitors | ASUS MX239H 23" Widescreen Full HD AH-IPS LED-backlit and Frameless Monitor | 1920 x 1080, 5ms (GtG), 80000000:1 (ASCR) | HDMI x 2, D-Sub, DVI-D & 3W x 2 Stereo Speakers

Again the primary thing I use my PC for is gaming. I will eventually be using 2 monitors.

My budget is under $300 and I prefer if its smaller then 27 inches. I think 27 is to big. 23 is probably perfect but no lower then 21.

please use canadacomputers.com and or tigerdirect.ca to recommend please :)

Thanks again in advance!

IPS is the panel type of the monitor. Cheaper normal panels are TN, which are found in your typical LCD displays. IPS panels have a higher color accuracy compared to TN and are typically used for workstations and professional applications. Even though lately they are getting more popular which is driving the price down for regular consumers.

For gaming what kind of screens should I avoid? I hear glossy is bad?
Acer screens and other such cheaper brands. Stick to 5Ms or less GTG for gaming, and yes glossy is really annoying.
Samsung
Dell
LG
Asus
All make good stuff.

How about selecting a LED Panel? LED is coming with more good features compared to LCD.
Eh, LED is over bright for some people like myself. I prefer CCFL over LED.

Would having only a 5ms be a reason why it's not as expensive? or would that not typically matter?
No, because in IPS panels response time isn't that important compared to "gaming" TN panels. 5Ms is fine for gaming though. I believe my own monitor is 5ms.

Back
Top Bottom