Will a Gigabyte Intel Celeron 847 1.1 GHz Intel NM70 Mini ITX DDR3 1333 Motherboard handle 4 Foscam Cameras

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi everyone!

Ok, quick question:

Will a Gigabyte Intel Celeron 847 1.1 GHz Intel NM70 Mini ITX DDR3 1333 Motherboard Combo handle 4 Foscam Cameras on continuously and simultaneously?

I am trying to conserve electricity. This security system will be on 24/7 and needs a little extra head room to notify when one of the motion detectors is triggered.

Thanks!

Soar

Well SD, as it requires the least amount of resources to be processed and stored. I'm rather certain the CPU can handle 4 SD streams without issue, but HD I would do a test run to see if it struggles.

Well SD, as it requires the least amount of resources to be processed and stored. I'm rather certain the CPU can handle 4 SD streams without issue, but HD I would do a test run to see if it struggles.

Ok, so are you saying the CPU and SSD or HDD interact in a manner that affects the performance of the CPU?

Soar

The performance combined can affect stream quality, yes. The CPU and drive are constantly processing the data feed from the cameras and constantly sustaining writes to the drive in question. If either struggle you'll have a glitch or lag in your video playback later, or in the stream. In this case, I'm positive this CPU can handle 4 SD streams all day long recording to a HDD or SSD. HD content on the other hand I'm not so sure about as I'm not too familiar with it. That's why I said if you wind up getting this to use then do a test run and try streaming/recording HD res off the cameras to see if the CPU can handle it.
I mean, it's a SB chip so it should, but being dual core with a lower clock speed and 4 HD streams, idk.

Edit: Better explanation, think of it running 4 SD or HD movies at the same time, 100%, 24/7.

The performance combined can affect stream quality, yes. The CPU and drive are constantly processing the data feed from the cameras and constantly sustaining writes to the drive in question. If either struggle you'll have a glitch or lag in your video playback later, or in the stream. In this case, I'm positive this CPU can handle 4 SD streams all day long recording to a HDD or SSD. HD content on the other hand I'm not so sure about as I'm not too familiar with it. That's why I said if you wind up getting this to use then do a test run and try streaming/recording HD res off the cameras to see if the CPU can handle it.
I mean, it's a SB chip so it should, but being dual core with a lower clock speed and 4 HD streams, idk.

Edit: Better explanation, think of it running 4 SD or HD movies at the same time, 100%, 24/7.

Ok, thank you.

Oh, one more question...

What is the difference between HD and SD?

Is one High definition and the other is...?

Soar

Back
Top Bottom