Dual Power Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

The51

In Runtime
OK,

I'm trying to make two power supplies work on a motherboard that's designed to only take one. I'm thinking that if I solder pins 14 and 15 together(Power on switch) then the power supplies will both turn on when you press the power button. This is just an idea but has anybody else tried something similar or does anybody has any suggestions?

Why would you want to do that. It sounds like it would work... theoretically. You could invest into a 700watt, that should give more than enough power. Just sell the one you have now, make up for some of the cost.

P.S. Did you raise your voltage for your OC?

no,

Left everything stock, but it's no longer overclocked. Maybe, if I can get these fans running in my new case, I'll overclock it.

Right now, it's 350 watts but I'm planning on buying a 770 watt. I know, a little overkill but oh well.

The51 said:
Right now, it's 350 watts but I'm planning on buying a 770 watt. I know, a little overkill but oh well.

Any chance you could throw me a link to 770 Watt PSU you are planning on?
Thanx

I was thinking about this too, have one psu for the mb and drives, and have the other for fans and everything extra. but then there is the problem of having both power up togther.

Any one have any ideas how to do this?

That's what I was thinking of too, one 500 watt for mobo and dual 6800 GT's, and on for everything, and I can just unplug what I don't want thanks to ultra's X-Connect...
Later
Yan

I was thinking about this two, have one psu for the mb and drives, and have the other for fans and everything extra. but then there is the problem of having both power up togther.

Any one have any ideas how to do this?
Yeah you'd simply need to make one of the PSU's a 'test psu' and to find out what I mean there hit up www.casemodgod.com and their 'How To' section and look for 'making a test PSU' basically it's instructions on how to create a PSU that just turns on without the motherboard, no doubt if you simply rewired the two wires you disconnect to turn it into a 'test psu' in the first place and rewire them to the same wires on the working PSU, it'd turn on both, or so my theory goes :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom