Syncing Files

xerolen

In Runtime
Okay I have a bit of an interesting question this time. I need to be able to automatically sync files across 2 PCs on one LAN. One is Wireless and one is wired. The wired is on 24/7. I want to be able to be able to modify the folder on the laptop and then when it comes onto our LAN is sends the edits to the folder on the Desktop? I don't want to use Dropbox or something like that. I want it to be automatic as in I don't get notified of it nor is it something I need to manually accept prompts from. It would be sending around only 1 specific folder from the laptop to the desktop every time the folder is modified. All this is on windows 7 Home Premium on the Laptop and Windows 7 Ultimate on the desktop. Both 64-bit. The files need to go from the laptop to the desktop. whether they go the other way I don't care. Can anyone help me with this one? I would prefer not to have to use a program not already part of Windows and would rather it be a set of options in Windows Explorer.

SyncToy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tech & Computer Forums Mobile App

Again I was looking for some sort of Windows Explorer Option. I know of plenty of programs to do file syncing just wondering if I could do it through a built in option.

Again I was looking for some sort of Windows Explorer Option. I know of plenty of programs to do file syncing just wondering if I could do it through a built in option.

If there was a way to do it with Windows Explorer, I would have gave that answer. There is no way to do it with Windows Explorer.

If you install SkyDrive it will place a folder on your desktop as well as within the Favorites section of Explorer. Making it quick and easily accessible. But it is based off of the cloud and will require an internet connection.

The only piece of advise I would give with that, make sure you go to SkyDrive on the web through a browser first and set up the folders and permissions. Last thing you want is to do it all via the Explorer app and find out your files are being shared with the world when you dont want them to be.

Back
Top Bottom