need some help with the password on toshiba satellite a505

Do you think I have a virus thats causeing the login problems.

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

aembry

Solid State Member
I dont know how I did it but my computer always came on asked me for a password, well yesterday I turned it on from being shut down and it asked for the usual password, i entered it then it started windows. Then it stops and wants a username and another password, I have no idea what the password is and am not sure of the username. Its running windows seven and do sent seem to have anything wrong with it but somehow I must have switched the settings by accident, or brain fart.

Any advice I can get would be greatly appreciated, also if I enter the incorrect username or password enough times will it lock up. I am nervous of doing something really hard to reset if I put in the wrong ones.

You need to get into safemode and run a virus scan. The login at the first boot of Windows is the only login credentials you should need and anything after that without extra enterprise level software could very well be a virus.

I tried to power on and then push f8 and enter safe mode but it still goes to the windows screen. The weird thing is that unless I use the type without keyboard option the things I type don't show up on the screen. I am at wits end with this thing

I been reading on this site all day and I'm pretty sure I have a virus or some type of malfunction. I just wanted to see if anyone else agreed with me before I start researching how to correct it. I'd also like to hear anyone's opinion on the best way to fix it before I start buying tools.

I have had the PC since 2009 and have never had it stopand ask for username or password on the windows screen before, it just had an avatar in the box and my name below that. Also, it just doesn't seem right, partly because on the windows login screen there is no icon in the box above the spot to enter the user name and password. Are there any specific things I can do to help establish my problem, I'm going insane trying to figure out how to resolve this and need some help from someone who knows what they're doing.

I guess I should have asked, what version of Windows are you running? After a .net 1 and 2 update on XP it adds a hidden account that requires you to click your icon even with no password. When you click it just logs in. When you go to users in the control panel there will be guest which will be off, your main account, and that hidden one. If you're not on XP that won't be the case.

In Vista, 7, and 8 it should just log right in without a password.

Its windows 7 64 bit, I REMEMBER UPDATING my internet explorer to the newest version. I can't remember doing anything out of the ordinary the last time I used it.

Back
Top Bottom