MozILLA Firefox 1.0, HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

YanBooth

Daemon Poster
Well, on the laptop FireFox run's fine, BUT, on the desktop, it uses 100% CPU, any ideas on why it does this and how to fix it?
Thanks
Yan

Something must have gone wrong in the installation. Try re-installing it, if that doesnt work then scan for spyware/adware.

If THAT doesnt work then I suggest you switch browsers.

YanBooth,

No way, firefox browser can't do such stuff unless you downloaded firefox from a pshco warez site....surely a problem with your desktop computer. Follow game guru's suggestion.

First, I would try to re-install Firefox. If the problem keeps accuring I would try to check for spyware.

There is no way a browser is going to make your processor usage hit 100%. That is purely impossible and is usually the work of spyware/adware. I suggest you scan for spyware/adware. If it turns out to be a DLL fine then no need to buy that cleaning software. Reboot into Windows in safe mode and then search for the DLL files. Once that is done, delete the files.

Before doing any of this backup old files. Remember I am in no way responsible for damage to your computer. If you are forced to reinstall Windows, that lies totally on you and I'm in no way involved.

Dude, its not 100%, just 99%, and its not spyware/addware, I have SpyBot S&D, Webroot, Ad - Aware, and of course all the firewall/virus scanning stuff, and I updated recently, its the program, and it also happens to other people :(
My whole PC is a little weird, internet gives me bull$h!t in games sometimes when i scan for servers, and this only happened since I reinstalled windows a while ago, and I would retry reinstalling to solve this, BUT, my internet won't work without hours on the phone to dell if I do reinstall...
Yan

I've never seen or heard of this problem before. I would say that either:

1) You have a mozilla/firefox plugin which has went wrong somewhere.
2) You have some form of spyware/adware that is not being detected.
or 3) Firefox screwed up somewhere during the installation.

Try doing a fresh install of FF. Remove it via 'Add/Remove Programs' then delete the folder manually. After you have done that try reinstalling.

Can I get one of "those PM's" telling me if I can get it free, but not the free version?
lol
YB

hey try opera its free version is enough you wouldn't need to buy it. i first swtiched from ie6 to mozilla and then after facing some unavoidable issues i swtiched to opera which is working fine until now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom