Looking for a new gaming headset

Dalinkwent726

Baseband Member
I am looking for a gaming headset that is under or around $100, that offers some good sound quality. I mainly play first person shooters (surprise, surprise) but I will also use them for music, movies and general computer sound usage. I currently own Astro A40's and I have to say that I am very disappointed in them, I can't use the mic because I get a horrible screeching sound and they're heavy as hell IMO.

I have heard good things about the Corsair Vengeance 1500, and was wondering if anybody has used them and could give me some feedback.

Also if you feel there are other headsets that aren't outrageously expensive, could you please recommend them as well? Thanks for all the help.

Currently using the G930s and will be getting the Vengeance 2000s because IMO they sound better and have much less wireless interference.

If they 1500s are anything like the 2000s then I can recommend those.

I use a sett of Koss SB/45 and am very pleased with them.

Currently using the G930s and will be getting the Vengeance 2000s because IMO they sound better and have much less wireless interference.

If they 1500s are anything like the 2000s then I can recommend those.

Thanks to both of you. Trotter I will check out the Koss headset that you recommended. Mguire, I'll look into the 2000's as well. I appreciate the responses from both of you.

Last edited:
Why not get some professional headphones from Beyerdynamic, Grado, or Audeze and get a ModMic?

If you can't afford any of the three mentioned above you can get Senns for pretty cheap. HD 558 is my secondary set for LAN parties.

Why not get some professional headphones from Beyerdynamic, Grado, or Audeze and get a ModMic?

If you can't afford any of the three mentioned above you can get Senns for pretty cheap. HD 558 is my secondary set for LAN parties.

I will check em out, not sure of the prices, but I was looking for a decent headset around $100 or so, and I am kind of scared to spend MORE money on a high end headset because of the bad luck I have had with my Astro A40's. I do appreciate the recommendations and I will be taking a look at them, check out some reviews and such. Again thanks =)

Last edited:

Lol those cost some serious cash. Way out of his projected price range although super good.
If I had the cash, I would definitely buy some HD650s.

Back
Top Bottom