Airflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

livingdaylight

Baseband Member
can somebody tell me how important airflow is because iam gonna use my old p3 case fo rmy niew AMD system setup

thnx

Its very important. Even if you have a good cpu cooler having all that hot air just sitting near it won't do any good.

Most computers Are set to shut off at 60 degrees celsius. You should have 1 or 2 good fans as an exhaust and maybe 1 or 2 fans on the front or side of the case as an input for cooler air from outside. Also a good idea is to have a very good fan on the chip as the newer chips run hotter than older ones. I have 6 fans on my 2.8 Ghz p4 and it still runs at 34-36 degrees celsius. If you enter the bios on your comp you can see the temp of it. It is also proven that your RAM and Chip work faster and better the cooler it is.

how do you mean with at 60 degree it will shut of does it shutdown automaticly when it reaches 60 degree lies this future on the mainbord or on the CPU? but iam not gonna run a 2,8 Ghz i just wanna buy an 2.0 ghz AMD with 500mb(pc3200) and an average videocard and i think i will stick with the cooler wich comes with the pakage of the CPU so iam always save in case it raches 60 degree it wil shutdown for me :)

If thats the case, i wil be save to use my old miditower and see if its not reaching 60degree if so i will have to buy a new tower case

thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom