Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Hi from Texas

Click Here to Login
Thread: Hi from Texas
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #37 (permalink)
Senile Animal
Junior Techie

Default Re: Hi from Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
Well, that's not cool. Why'd you put the guitar down? I mean, I understand of all people as I used to play like 6 hours every day and just dropped it. Just figure everybody has a reason. I'm recently getting back into it since I got Guitar Rig.
I am only 27 and I went from playing everyday since I was 13 to only occasionaly playing Flamenco on my classical. So I guess it happens to all of us. I was real big into playing in high school because the fantasy of actually playing on a stage and having people enjoy it still seemed feasible. I am not talking about big MTV and money dreams either. I mean like playing the Lizard lounge or somewhere in deep ellem for a few free beers on the weekend.

Iron Butterfly reminds me of some of the other psych bands like Strawberry Alarm Clock and Jefferson Airplane. I wish I was alive to see them in their prime while it was new and original.

Are you by any chance a fan of Jethro Tull? Obviously not psychedelic but classic none the less. I like their first few albums better. Stand Up, This Was, Benifet, Aqualung and Thick as a brick are all great from start to finish. I like their newer albums too but Ian Anderson's voice really started to go around 1978-ish.
Classic Rock is so much fun to play. It is the middle ground between the simplicity of blues and the complexity of alot of metal bands like Dream Theatre. I do still love blues and metal. With blues the older the better and metal of course the faster and heavier the better.

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.