Outlook Express Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunsider

In Runtime
I was at a buddy's house and we made a new identity in OE, and put all the server info in correct and username and password and all that.
So we go and apply the changes and close OE. We then re-open it and switch to the new identity and it prompts us to enter the username and password. so we hit the ok button, and again it comes up to login, and again etc. you get the point.
Just for kicks we go over to his isp's webmail and login and it works fine. And yes we selected the remember password option in OE. Any ideas as to what the issue may be other than "it's microsoft, what do you expect?" lol
His system is fully updated and all that good stuff, Os is XP home - non sp2, no antivirus scanning or firewalls either so I'm kinda stumped.
Thanks.

sunsider said:
I was at a buddy's house and we made a new identity in OE, and put all the server info in correct and username and password and all that.
So we go and apply the changes and close OE. We then re-open it and switch to the new identity and it prompts us to enter the username and password. so we hit the ok button, and again it comes up to login, and again etc. you get the point.
Just for kicks we go over to his isp's webmail and login and it works fine. And yes we selected the remember password option in OE. Any ideas as to what the issue may be other than "it's microsoft, what do you expect?" lol
His system is fully updated and all that good stuff, Os is XP home - non sp2, no antivirus scanning or firewalls either so I'm kinda stumped.
Thanks.

I would go into accounts and double check. would like to know the answer on this one too!

Yeah the information is correct, we can use it on my pc word for word and it works fine, but on his it won't.
I did stumble across the following article on the microsoft website digging through their knowledge base:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;264672
I went through and made the changes and much to my suprise, it worked. No more login prompt everytime we open outlook express. :amazed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom