Enough psu power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeckoEcho421

Daemon Poster
ANTEC Performance Plus Case with 430W Power Supply <--- Is that psu good to power the following components?

ASUS "A8V Deluxe" VIA K8T800 Pro Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU[/COLOR]
eVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra Video Card, 256MB GDDR3, 256-bit, Dual DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 512K, L2 Cache, Socket 939 Windows Compatible 64-bit Processor
CORSAIR XMS, Xtra-Low Latency 2-2-2-5, 184-Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200 w/ Platinum Heat Spreader Maxtor 120GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive Lite-On 16X DVD-ROM

430 is more than you will ever need unless you plan to remote-control an F-15. :)

Seriously, even higher-end comps don't need more than 300 last I checked. I'm probably going to get 400 to feel better about it, but that's all ya need.

Yep...definetly plenty...but for crazy nuts like me, I just buy a 600W PSU on eBay 'cause it's cheap enough ($25):)

An antec psu is great, how ever depending on how many different fans you have in your case and what video card and other things you might want one with higher amps for each of the rails. I just got the 550w antec which has some of the highest rails i have seen.

Its worth it to spend money on the psu, if its a crappy one it willl damage your system. So most people dont have a problem spending 100$ on a psu.

More and more people are finding that you have to get a 500w psu to power todays and tomorrows systems. The video cards draw a lot of power and all the fans that people have in their systems.

ummm as far as i no the 6800 ultra requires a 480 watt PSU besides it sucks up over 100 watts by itself so i mean id opt for a 550, my fav, the antec tru control 550.

lol i think its funny that ppl think 430 is enuff ha..ha...

it does require 480watt PSU, but i've seen them run on less just fine. i think the extra 80watts is just overhead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom