Loud Server

Install the 2 Noctua fans you are buying, leave the Corsair fan that comes with the H55 in the box. No need to use a noisy crappy fan. I have one sitting across from me, it's noisy unfortunately. The instructions are really easy and simple. Depending on your case you may have to remove the motherboard. If there is a big hole behind the CPU socket then you don't have to remove it.

Sorry I am confused.

Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler System LGA1155 1366 1156 2011 AM2 AM3 & FM1

This comes in 2 pieces? 1 is like a heatsink? and the fan I just throw away?

Please excuse my terrible quick demonstration made in paint.
The pink outlined piece (the block, tubing, and radiator) are all connected and are one piece. The fan (red) comes in the box but it isn't attached to the radiator yet. It comes just like the Noctua fans.

When you install the H55 unit to the back of your case you simply use the Noctua fans you paid for instead of the Corsair fan that comes free packaged with the H55 cooling unit.

cor.jpg

Edit for better demonstration.

35-181-029-TS

Great explanation!

Thank you.

And these 2 fans should fit in my tower no problem?

Cool, will order these first thing tomorrow.

Thank you!

Yea, you're good to go. You'll have to install it in the back so that means you'll have to take the fan out that is already there to replace it with that second Noctua fan you have.

It will look something like this except the Noctua fans aren't as wide and you wont need to use zipties.

21o9c7q.jpg

Back
Top Bottom