Loud Server

Your location says Germany.

Ok you have a few options, but silence is expensive.

IMO this
Noctua NH-L12 LGA1155/1366/2011 AM3 FM1 FM2 Low Profile Heatsink Cooler w/ NF-F12 120mm NF-B9 92MM

Or this with Noctua fans is your best bet.
Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler System LGA1155 1366 1156 2011 AM2 AM3 & FM1

But this with a decent fan setup will also work well too.
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Direct Touch 4 Heatpipe Heatsink AM2 AM3 LGA1366 LGA1155 LGA1156 120mm

Memory express carries the same parts from what I can see.

ok

CPU Fan speed is around 4000 RPM, so I am guessing thats the one making the noise.

CHASSIS fan 1 and 3 are running at 700 and 500. I have put them on silent now..

Yea, definitely the CPU fan. I figured it was from the start because the other fans wouldn't ramp up that loud if the CPU was getting hot. The chassis fans should be running off of system temp.

No. Certain fans like Noctua fans are made specifically to be silent with a lot of static pressure. They don't go above a certain RPM which is where your noise comes from on fans.

The server is super loud right now. I just checked and the CPU_FAN is running at 5000 RPM and the 2 CHASSIS fans are running at 800 and 1000 RPM.

The sun is out and the sun is on the server. What would one of these fans your suggesting bring the RPM down to on the above numbers?

Your loudness is your CPU fan at 5000, hands down. Replacing with any of the above mentioned CPU coolers will drop that down drastically below 2000. Most if not all Noctua fans have a max RPM of 1200 a piece and with their resistor connector are inaudible at 700RPM. Your other fans are fine, it's that CPU fan that is noisy.

What is your ambient temp in your house? Shouldn't the sun be down in Canada right now?

How looks over the water and the sunsetting means the sun streams straight into the house. The computer is sitting behind the TV which unfortunately gets the sun from about 3pm-8pm.

Feels around 26degrees I guess, hard to know though.

OK Suggest one of those 3 links and I will order it now.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom