Where can I buy genuine Microsoft 7?

1. Yes it is a legal and legit Windows. You use your serial from the sticker on the side of your machine to install it. So it will be fully legit.
2. Yes it will require the original serial.
3. No Office always has and always will be an additional cost. Only if you bought it on special with a bundle from the manufacturer will it come included. Most of the time those are online bundles or it comes preinstalled. You would have to use the factory restore method to get Office back.

This exactly. Like I said, the links are from Digital River, a Microsoft reseller. The ISO's still require a legit serial to activate.

Ok so just a quick update: I must have misunderstood something. I downloaded the English version of Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 x64 from Legal Download from DigitalRiver: Windows 7 SP1, 13 languages

I got the ISO file and used Imgburn to burn the ISO file to a DVD. I installed the DVD without any problems but I was never prompted for the Serial Number of my machine (which was actually a Dell, not an HP like I had originally posted - sorry).

I entered the Product Key, which I got from Belarc Advisor on the original OS before doing the reinstall with the now-confirmed pirated OS. However, when Windows tries to validate the Product Key it fails. I've tried four times, so I'm fairly certain I'm not keying it in wrong.

Any suggestions or corrections to understanding of how this should work would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Ok so just a quick update: I must have misunderstood something. I downloaded the English version of Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 x64 from Legal Download from DigitalRiver: Windows 7 SP1, 13 languages

I got the ISO file and used Imgburn to burn the ISO file to a DVD. I installed the DVD without any problems but I was never prompted for the Serial Number of my machine (which was actually a Dell, not an HP like I had originally posted - sorry).

I entered the Product Key, which I got from Belarc Advisor on the original OS before doing the reinstall with the now-confirmed pirated OS. However, when Windows tries to validate the Product Key it fails. I've tried four times, so I'm fairly certain I'm not keying it in wrong.

Any suggestions or corrections to understanding of how this should work would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Since it's an OEM key, you'll need to call it in. It's normal; I've had to do it often in PC shops I've worked at.

Thanks carnageX. Before I came back here to check this thread, I actually used the Product Key on the Dell machine itself and that worked (online). Is that normal?

Were the keys different? Sometimes software can pick up the wrong key. Always use the key from the sticker if possible.

Were the keys different? Sometimes software can pick up the wrong key. Always use the key from the sticker if possible.

They were different. So I guess the Belarc program picked up the wrong key, because the product key on the manufacturer sticker worked fine.

The keys that belarc and magic jelly bean find on the operating system are not always the same keys on the coa sticker on the side of the case. Not sure why I've seen this on more than one occasion before but it might have something to do with manufactures using an image on multiple pc's at once

Back
Top Bottom