Loud Server

CHA_FAN1 is the fan that was loud yesterday. Thats what it is plugged into. It is at the back out the case.

The other fan on the motherboard is plugged into CPU_FAN but doesn't seem to be making much noise.

Is that what you needed?

When you first turn your computer on you'll see a screen pop up. You want to press the delete key to get into the bios. When you get into the bios go to the "monitor" tab. You'll see a list of fan options and stuff. You want to scroll to you see Chassis Fan Profile and set it to Silent.

You can also use a program called HWmoniter - Link that will tell you all your motherboard(and gpu/hdd/ect) temps, the realtime rpm of your fans, and their min/max/current value of each.

I would never recommend slowing your fans RPM without first finding out why its spinning so fast.

The Asus board i have in one of my servers was set at default 100% fan speed when i built it so that's probably why, but don't change it before you make sure their isn't and wont be an issue with heat when changing the fan speed!

P.s. sorry if i repeated anything, i tired to skim the thread to make sure i would not.

Last edited:
I have just ran that HWMonitor. Here are the results.

3e5dedae525282004e395e79d3994c5c.png

Do I need to change anything?

Thanks!

That showed me exactly what we need (Most likely :p ) Your fan connected to your CPU 'header' is spinning at 3800 RPM, depending on what type of fan that is, that can be VERY loud! Your temps are PERFECT, very cold running machine, well done! :D

Find out which fan is connected to that connector. I know that my servers 80mm fan for my Q6600 @ stock speeds only spins at 1700 at idle and its more then cool. Oh, also that same fan spins at 100% when it boots and thats 3800+ rpm and its VERY loud

Back
Top Bottom