Corsair GS PSU's

What PP posted are Seasonic made so it's better but make sure it's a V2 model such as this one.

What PP posted are Seasonic made so it's better but make sure it's a V2 model such as this one.
Actually I believe the TXm series is made by CWT. Look at the fans on these two 650s.

CWT 650tx.
CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Power Supply - Newegg.com

Seasonic 650tx.
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply - Newegg.com

Edit:
Confirmed.
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/TX750M/4.html

Last edited:
That's interesting. Many builders didn't like CWT and claimed Seasonic uses better circuitries. One posted a link on Seasonic and showed the extra circuitry for voltage spikes. There's more to it but I don't remember all.

I would have to search the forums to find that link. My fault for not bookmarking it.

That's interesting. Many builders didn't like CWT and claimed Seasonic uses better circuitries. One posted a link on Seasonic and showed the extra circuitry for voltage spikes. There's more to it but I don't remember all.

I would have to search the forums to find that link. My fault for not bookmarking it.
Johnny Guru claims the quality for both OEM'd Corsair types to be good so I trust his judgement.

For the record, I'm not a fan of CWT either but since he says they are as good as the Seasonic Corsair units then I'll take his word for it. IMO Seasonic make the best PSUs to date.

It was because of Johnny Guru that I bought the CX430 for my Celeron build. It seemed to do ok but I think it's because I don't have much demand on it wattage wise.

Later I learned more about PSUs and when I got a video card for my i3-2105 build I got a Seasonic 520 with it.

Back
Top Bottom