Blue screen, freezes.

I figured I'd bump this since it's been a couple of days.

I found a diagnostic tool for my specific harddrive, ran it and all seemed to have went well, so I don't believe it's the harddrive itself. So that takes ram and the harddrive out of the equation.

Another bluescreen during Mount and Blade warband.
zJTIFhQ.jpg

Sorry for not replying sooner, missed your thread.

Anyway, the 'ndis.sys' seems to point to your ethernet card, from what I can gather.

Open up Device Manager and see what make/model of ethernet adapter you have. Then go to the manufacturer site and download the newest driver and see if this fixes it.

If it doesn't fix it, or comes back, then it may be a bad ethernet adapter.

Sorry for not replying sooner, missed your thread.

Anyway, the 'ndis.sys' seems to point to your ethernet card, from what I can gather.

Open up Device Manager and see what make/model of ethernet adapter you have. Then go to the manufacturer site and download the newest driver and see if this fixes it.

If it doesn't fix it, or comes back, then it may be a bad ethernet adapter.
Done. Any advice on the other blue screens? I mean this one couldn't solely be causing the other ones could they? Also this is the first time I've seen this one. Also thank you!

Well according to the screenshot you provided of BlueScreenView, there's several drivers that point to networking components. Such as: tcpip.sys and Rtk64win7.sys

Those both point to networking, and Rtk64win7.sys specifically points to your NIC driver (as did ndis.sys). So, IMO, it's probably just the network card.

Have you gotten anymore since updating your NIC drivers?

Well according to the screenshot you provided of BlueScreenView, there's several drivers that point to networking components. Such as: tcpip.sys and Rtk64win7.sys

Those both point to networking, and Rtk64win7.sys specifically points to your NIC driver (as did ndis.sys). So, IMO, it's probably just the network card.

Have you gotten anymore since updating your NIC drivers?

Not yet :C

I'm kind of disappointed to hear this, but I figured it was my motherboard, I think I mentioned that somewhere else in this. Because I took my computer to a shop, and he said I had nic card issues, and that he's pretty sure he fixed them.

So I bet it's my motherboard.. It was a really cheap one, it was on sale for 20 percent off, I ended up getting it for like 80, and I spent a grand on this computer and this was the first one I built, and being naive I figured I didn't need an expensive motherboard.

It's possible it could be the NIC on the motherboard is going bad.

if you really want to test it, disable the NIC in BIOS, and then get a PCI NIC card for like $20 and run that to see if it does it or not.

Back
Top Bottom