Help finding parts that fit? Highly appreciated.

bengjo

Baseband Member
Hey,

I'm building a new rig from scratch and while the building itself is no problem, I have difficulties picking the parts for it.

Basically, I want a rig capable of handling all games out today, as the computer is purely for gaming purposes.

I'm thinking an Intel i7 processor with a GTX680 gfx, maybe?

What other parts would go with these parts?
I don't know which motherboard would be required to fit those and how powerful a PSU it will need etc.

I would REALLY appreciate help find picking parts.

I'm ordering from Elektronikk som datamaskiner, TV, kameraer, spill, smartphones | Dustinhome.no, as we don't use newegg.com in Norway. It'd be great if they had the parts you'd recommend on that site!

Edit: I'm not on a budget.

I don't expect anything here, but I sure would love some help!

I went ahead and took the liberty of keeping it cost effective, while maintaining high performance. All brands and parts linked are recommended over others for various reasons.

For this setup, you can use the 3570k as it is plenty of performance but if money really isn't an issue you can get the 3770k. Just know, that games do not utilize HT like other programs do.

Motherboard:
Kjøp ASUS P8Z77-V PRO Z77 S-1155 ATX IVY billig på Dustinhome.no

RAM:
Kjøp CORSAIR 8GB DDR3 XMS3 VENGEANCE PC3-12800 1600MHZ CL8 (2X4GB) billig på Dustinhome.no

GPU:
Kjøp EVGA GEFORCE GTX 680 FTW+ 4GB PCI-E DVI/HDMI/DP billig på Dustinhome.no

PSU:
Kjøp CORSAIR HX650 MODULAR GOLD 650W billig på Dustinhome.no

SSD+HDD:
Kjøp CORSAIR NEUTRON SERIES GTX 2.5" 120GB SSD MLC billig på Dustinhome.no
Kjøp SEAGATE BARRACUDA 7200.12 1TB 7200RPM SATA/600 32MB billig på Dustinhome.no

Case:
Kjøp CORSAIR MIDITOWER OBSIDIAN 650D ATX BLACK billig på Dustinhome.no

Kjøp MICROSOFT WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL NOR DVD billig på Dustinhome.no

Optical:
Kjøp ASUS DRW-24B5ST DVD±R/RW/RAM DL 24X SATA BLACK - BULK billig på Dustinhome.no

I added the 4GB version of the 680 because VRAM will be greatly needed in the next coming year of next gen games.
I personally owned the Corsair Neutron GTX SSD. It's a fantastic unit.
The HX650w because it's a quality PSU. The only other brand I would buy is Seasonic.
I added a 1TB drive just for storage or large programs.
The case you can change to whatever you want. The 650d is nice looking with plenty of room so I typically chose that or the 300r depending on budget.

BTW that was a pain in the butt with my internet needing to translate each page :)

Woah, that was fast. Thank you SO much, I really, really appreciate it.

Sorry it was a pain the the butt for you. What do you do around here to show some appreciation?

By the way, about Windows. Can I get a cheaper version, like Home Premium?

Sure, you can get the Win 7 x64 Home Premium. It's limited to 16 gigs of memory but that won't be your problem as you don't need more than 8 for gaming.

EDIT: you might want to look at cube cases. I found them really good at cooling and extra room for large cards and heat sinks.

Last edited:
Woah, that was fast. Thank you SO much, I really, really appreciate it.

Sorry it was a pain the the butt for you. What do you do around here to show some appreciation?

By the way, about Windows. Can I get a cheaper version, like Home Premium?
I thought money wasn't an issue :p

Yea you can get HP. Like was mentioned, it is limited to 16GB of RAM but even if you upgraded you wont ever need more than that in this rigs life cycle.

BTW don't worry about the site being a pain in the butt. I have nothing but time anyways.

Back
Top Bottom