Computer for College

Asus is more better than the Lenovo. Its proven and tested..

I'll argue with that. Lenovo's Thinkpad line are fantastic..however they'r emuch more expensive.

Now saying that, I do like Asus as well.

You didn't really link to a specific model for the Y400, though, so there's not much to compare the Asus to unless you pick a model or post the specs you've customized...

We've used Asus, and had to have the laptop replaced almost three times. Thank goodness for warenties, paying only a couple hundo for an almost $1,500 laptop. They just seem to bug out fast with us, but they are good computers. Haven't used Levono. I moved on from laptops to a desktop once I graduate from college and the baby fried the top.

Good Luck!

You probably already know this but if you are only going to use it for classes then anything will work since you will only really need MS Office and maybe a graphing/ plotting type of program and an internet connection if you want to do research for papers and things of that nature. If it is gonna be used for games in the dorm and stuff like that then all I can say is STAY AWAY from Toshiba laptops. I have one, and I take good care of my stuff but it is falling apart. When I say I take care of my stuff I mean it. I still have my first NES and my first CD and they are in mint condition. My newish Toshiba laptop has a screen that is separating and it came with the RAM not seated properly.

Back
Top Bottom