Note taking app development

TheMindOfAndr3w

Beta member
Hey guys I'm new to the site, and therefore don't know if this is the right forum to post this in, but I figured it's pretty close to what I'm looking for. Anyways, I am a freshman in college, and looking for a solution to a problem that probably doesn't bother a whole lot of people, but It does me. I just got a Sony Vaio SVD 11, and I love it. It's great for everything I've asked it to do so far. However, one thing I didn't really consider when I bought it was how difficult it was to type on it. It has a rather compressed keyboard, and no wrist rest. And while the pen is incredibly accurate with the screen, I just can't keep up with how fast some of my professors teach. What I would really like to do, with the help of some incredibly smart person or group, is develop an app specifically made for taking notes. And I would like to make it a two part system, in which I could mount a high quality webcam on the top of the device and record the lecture, while at the same time taking notes by either typing or writing. I would also like to be able to have a feature in which I could press a button, and a highlight marker would be placed on that section of the video. If that's not clear, let's say the professor talks for 30 minutes about the laws of thermodynamics. This would all be recorded with the webcam. During this time that he is talking, I would press the button, say maybe for 15 seconds, and a highlight would be taken of what he says. I know this is not going to be a small feat, but if there is anyone out there that could do it, I would love to hear from you. Thank you for reading to this point, and please let me know if you can help.

Unless I have misunderstood what you are looking for Microsoft OneNote already does exactly what you want. It supports written notes as well as video and synchronizes the two so you can see what you wrote to go with a certain section of video. If you don't have access to a copy already through your school I would go ahead and go for Office 2013 just to have the best Windows 8 compatibility.

Back
Top Bottom