Hi from Texas

I agree. They have some beautiful jobs but I like mine the way it is. :)
It has a plain bookmatched maple top.

Thats a sweet looking guitar. I like the red pickups too. What I really like is the tweed case. All I have is a sea green Mexican Fender Strat and 2 no name acoustics.

I jumped on to say you obviously weren't from Texas if you say "Hi", but then you started off your post with Howdy, so you pass. Welcome!

LOL, thanks. Sea Green is a great color (or is it Seafoam Green ??) and I'd like a strat like that.

I got lucky with the pups. Carvin found a stack of 'em (M22s) in the warehouse and they're made in the 80s so they're retro sets. They put 'em up for sale in limited quantity and I got me a set. Love 'em. The pups that came with my axe were the Holdsworth (H22s) set and they sound better in my other guitar with the Mahogany body.

My other axe is a handmade job by a luthier I met at Buck Dharma forum. He named it the BD model and I got the no frills model which made it cheaper. I'm not gonna spend money on fancy wood, paint jobs and binding. As it turned out it plays great. He had the body finished in polywipe. I sanded it off, stained it Cherry wood and shellacked it. :)

It is seafoam green. I just forgot but you're right. I like the "DB" model guitar. It reminds me of a Jaguar with the bottom artistically cut off.

Lacerz, I am a born and bred Texan and I never say howdy and I say hi quite often. But I am from Dallas, which I later found out from other Texans, is actually southern OK ... So perhaps you're right.

It's BD for Buck Dharma. :)

I think it's a copy of Fernandez in a way with a reverse Musicman headstock.

I will say that I am not a fan of the reverse headstock. It's not harder to tune or anything but to me it just does not look right. But I still like them both. I thought it was DB because it jumped out of a plane with a suitcase full of money ... Bad Joke I know, I'm a loser. But yeah the whole Buck Dharma BD thing went right over my head.

Sorry, Buck Dharma is the guitarist of Blue Oyster Cult. My favorite band next to Grand Funk Railroad. :)

He's got his BD guitar but didn't play it much. He like his Cheeseberger guitar. That's a Steinberger with holes like swiss cheese.

Back
Top Bottom