Just installed new cooler: What now?

EGD Eric

Solid State Member
Hi, I just installed a new CPU cooler, I replaced the cooler that came with the CPU with a new NH-U12S cooler. In the instructions it said: "If you're using the low noise adaptor, use some software to find out if your cpu is running too hot. If it is, stop using the adaptor." With no real help on how to do this. I looked in my Bios for the P8P67 Pro and I couldn't find anything for checking the temperature of the CPU. How would you go about doing this? What software do you trust to tell you the temps, and what temps should I expect? I have an intel 4-core i5, and I'm not overclocking.

Actually, without the need to install anything download Prime95 and the standalone version of Coretemp. Use the stress test part of Prime95 to load your CPU and monitor the temps with Coretemp.

He wants to monitor load temps from his new cooler. I fail to see how monitoring the whole system completes this task. What I said does exactly what he wants without even installing anything.

how can you tell me being able to monitor your entire systems temps is not a good thing... im sure he has the 1.2mb on his drive that it takes to install HWmonitor

how can you tell me being able to monitor your entire systems temps is not a good thing... im sure he has the 1.2mb on his drive that it takes to install HWmonitor

Because it's not what he asked? The only two temps that matter are CPU and gpu. The rest is irrelevant if you have decent air cooling.

Hi, I just installed a new CPU cooler, I replaced the cooler that came with the CPU with a new NH-U12S cooler. In the instructions it said: "If you're using the low noise adaptor, use some software to find out if your cpu is running too hot. If it is, stop using the adaptor." With no real help on how to do this. I looked in my Bios for the P8P67 Pro and I couldn't find anything for checking the temperature of the CPU. How would you go about doing this? What software do you trust to tell you the temps, and what temps should I expect? I have an intel 4-core i5, and I'm not overclocking.

he didnt say " what software do you use to tell the temps of your processor "

HWmonitor is the best way to do what he wants...

he didnt say " what software do you use to tell the temps of your processor "

HWmonitor is the best way to do what he wants...

Dude read the OP again. He talked about installing his new cooler and mentioned the warning then said it mentioned no real way of doing that. So again, prime and core temp is a quick and easy no install way of making sure his load temp doesn't get too high, which is what he was afraid of. He also hasn't posted since so it probably doesn't matter.

And yea, he was specifically looking for CPU temp monitoring. As mentioned.

OK, thanks for the advice, guys! At what temperatures should I consider removing the low-noise adaptor? With my CPU running at 0-3%, I get core temps averaging about 44 C (111 F). While running Prime95 stress test, the cores go up to about 60C (140 F), after running for about 45 seconds. I didn't want to run it for too long, so I didn't see how long it could stand this.

Back
Top Bottom