Building a Server

Well I haven't used Windows Server before but surely it can't be too hard?

Is it more stable than standard windows?

Also I thought you mentioned better to start a new thread regarding setting up the virtual machines than here :)

Should be in one of the other threads like Windows software, or Virtualization infrastructure. Asking specifically how to make a secure login without it being a remote desktop clone so settings are more individual to the client and VM :)

Not sure if it's more stable, but has more features for enterprise levels of use. Another question that could go in that new thread in the right place :p

I'm partial to standard Windows because I know my way inside and out but it's not that different that you wouldn't recognize anything.

OK Will make another thread in the correct forum this time.

Server arrives today so keen to get the right software to set it up :)

I was just told the server is ready for pickup.

They couldn't install "GigaExpress 10/100/1000Mbps PCI Gigabit Ethernet Adapter" because there is no operating system installed yet, is it easy enough to install that myself?

Thanks!

He said the PCI Adapter. Or yeh maybe he meant the drivers for it?
I will ask him when I go get it in 30 mins. :)

I would get the 8350, some regular Samsung 1600MHz RAM (yes I'm serious), a Seasonic Gold series PSU, and consider something a bit faster than a single HDD.

Also, why the Gigabit card? Any modern motherboard comes with a gigabit port unless you plan to run dual ISPs.

That RAM is phenomenal. So many people overlook it

Back
Top Bottom