Sending files while using Trillian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Fully Optimized
I've used Trillian Pro for quite sometime. I use MSN Messenger thru Trillian. Anyway, I used to be able to send and receive files using my Messenger via Trillian. Now I can't. The only change to the system has been that I went from Windows 98 to Windows XP Pro.

So now there is something blocking me from sending files thru Messenger. I can't send it if I start Messenger, nor when I start Messenger via Trillian.

Any help for changing that?

Dave :D

Internet Connection Firewall

Well, Being a fellow user of XP, the same thing happened from 98 to XP Home. In this aspect, XP Home and Pro will do the same. So what you do is you go to your connection to the Internet, go under properties, and then look at the advanced tab. There will be a check off about "protect.." something or other, as I'm not on my computer wit' XP Home.

you can do that, and it will flow freely, OR you could manually mess around with the advanced settings from the settings button..

All depending on how you want it to work.:cool:

I had the same thing happen to me, and got tired of messing with it, so now I am using MSN 6, it does the job.

Although I miss having all of my IMs in one place.

I think he may be right, check and see if the firewall is turned on in the Network connection.

There is no firewall enabled under network connections.

When looking at the advanced tab of Internet Options (properties), I don't see a "protect" anything.

:confused: <-- That's me. LoL!

Anything else?

Here is what it looks like for those who need a visual aid...

Attachments

• 3000 posts.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 315
Pictures work good for us that are technologically impaired! Me.

Anyway, I went to Control Panel > Network & Internet Connections > Internet Options and checked out all the tabs, including General, Security, Privacy, Content, Connections, Programs, Advanced. I didn't see the "protect" area like in the pic.

I am able to receive files, pics, whatever, from others. But I'm not able to send them anything. When I try to send, the other person gets that it's trying to do a file transfer, but then they get "Error during file transfer" and it ends. My end says it's still trying to connect.

My version of Trillian is 1.0B. :)

Does any of that help?

Do you have a direct connection to the internet, or are you behind a firewall/router/Internet Connection Sharing/etc? I had a similar thing happen when I upgraded my server to Windows XP (using internet connection sharing).. I was no longer able to send files via MSN, and occasionally FTP wouldn't work for me either.

Do you have a direct connection to the internet, or are you behind a firewall/router/Internet Connection Sharing/etc?
I have a direct connection via cable with Charter. That hasn't changed.

Click the start button...then the Connect to tab.
Geemyknee! I wish I would even see the Connect. Sorry, but I'm still lost here.

Dave :(

Edit Note: I just went into Control Panel and clicked on Network Connections. The Advanced tab had the "protect" enabled. I unchecked it. I will be testing it soon to see if I can send files.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom