Need help with norton internet security

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrzeeedler

Daemon Poster
Windows XP pro, THe problem is norton internet security kept coming up with pop up messages saying that the firewall and antivirus is turned off. The thing is they came up about every 10 seconds and I could not figure out away to get rid of them with out uninstalling the program. However i can not uninstall because it wont let me. It says i have to be logged into the account on internet security and i dont find where i can login. Now if there was a way to force delete on windows xp i would just delete all the files that it wont let me.

any help is appreciated,
thanks,
kevin

Open up Norton IS,

Under the Norton Internet Security Tab, click on User Accounts. Click log-in. More than likely the account name is Supervisor. Who knows what the password is because you set it up.

Once you're logged in, you can remove it.

mrzeeedler,

Yeah, there is an easy way of doing this without knowing the password.

* login into safe mode and disable all entries in the msconfig relating to norton.
* Delete the norton folder from safe mode. [ yea, it will wipe out! ]
* Now ,restart, hit normal mode, goto add/remove programs . Find the norton entry and click remove. Now it ll be safely removed.

Norton Removed.

that happened to me too. You could either try Safe Mode like these dudes said, or use DOS if you know how. I just found out that antivirus didn't like my PC so I just use ZoneAlarm and scan my computer peridically with AdAware. It works great. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom