Questions about the forum

Jayteescout

In Runtime
1) When do I get access to the off topic section?

2) Is there a way to prevent email notifications from ever coming to me? I know I can unsubscribe to them but its really annoying having to do that for every new thread I post on.

Thanks!

1)
10) Off-Topic Area is also a privilege.
It is not a right. You will gain access to this area at 40 posts just like your signature. This area has its own set of rules as well. Read up on them and get to know them before you enter so that you do not get into trouble upon gaining access.

Tech & Computer Forums - Announcements in Forum : New Member Introductions

You should have access now. It can take a bit for user privileges to update. If you log off and back on you should be updated.

2)

User CP
Edit Options

Default Thread Subscription Mode
When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
Default Thread Subscription Mode: No email notification

What's the height and width limited to btw??

I am assuming the question is about signatures?

When we moved to our current version of vBullletin our old usergroups did not transfer over as they should have. Because of this we have taken the opportunity to revamp what each usergroup's privileges should be for each rank. I am posting them here so that all can see them and so that they can be readily referred to when needed.

The main changes are additional avatar and profile picture privileges at first. Further along members earn signatures and large PM mailboxes.

Registered Users (0 -39 posts):
  • Avatars (no animations) 100 x 100
  • Profile pic, 300x300
  • 50 PMs
  • Standard Forum titles
  • No signatures, no posting to BST or Off Topic
Registered Users Extra (40 - 100 posts):
  • Same as above
  • Signature allowed, text only
Registered Users Extra BST (100 - 249 posts):
  • Same as above
  • 100 PMs
  • Graphics and text sigs allowed, (1 Image) maximum size of 300 x 100 (according to the rules)
  • Buy/Sell/Trade forum and off topic available for posting
Registered Users Extra 2 (250+ posts):
  • Same as above
  • 500 PMs
  • Custom animated avatars allowed, 120x120
  • Graphics and Text sigs allowed, maximum size of 600 x 150 (according to the rules) (3 images max)
  • Custom forum titles.
  • Set self to invisible

It's measured in pixels. Go to whatever image editing program you have and just type those numbers in. It's all you need. Width is obviously 300, and 100 would be the height.

It's measured in pixels. Go to whatever image editing program you have and just type those numbers in. It's all you need. Width is obviously 300, and 100 would be the height.

Exactly. You get a total of 300 pixels wide by 100 pixels tall to play with.

the ones i have are in cm. thats the problem.

roughly how many pixels would be a cm?????

Back
Top Bottom